For more information

For more information, call .

For the purpose of providing positive identification of applicants for CAP membership, commanders must personally examine evidence of identity by reviewing one of the forms of identification listed in column A below or one each from column B and C.

Column A

Column B

Column C

(one of the following documents is acceptable) (If one of the documents in Column A is not available the applicant may present one of the items from Column B as well as one from Column C)

1. U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card

2. Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form 1-551)

3. Foreign passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary 1-551 printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa

4. Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form I-766)

5. In the case of a nonimmigrant alien authorized to work for a specific employer incident to status, a foreign passport with Form I-94 or Form I-04A bearing the same name as the passport and containing an endorsement of the alien's nonimmigrant status, as long as the period of endorsement has not yet expired and the proposed employment is not in conflict with any restrictions or laminations identified on the form

6. Passport from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) or the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) with Form I-94 of Form I-94A indicating nonimmigrant admission under the Compact of Free Association Between the United States and the FSM or RMI.

1. Driver's license or ID card issued by a State or outlying possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address

2. ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address

3. School ID Card with a photograph

4. Voter's registration card

5. U.S. Military card or draft record

6. Military dependent's ID card

7. U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card

8. Native American tribal document

9. Driver's license issued by a Canadian government authority

10. School record or report card

11. Clinic, doctor or hospital record

12. Day-care or nursery school record


1. Social Security Account Number card other than one that specifies on the face that the issuance of the card does not authorize employment in the United States

2. Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS -545)

3. Certification of Report of Birth issued by the Department of State (Form DS-1350)

4. Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by a State, county, municipal authority or territory of the United States bearing an official seal

5. Native American tribal document

6. U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)

7. Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)

8. Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security



Citizenship waivers for membership are occasionally granted.

For consideration, required documents are your passport with either I-94 or I-20 (Student Visa) showing as being admitted in a "non-immigrant" status (non-immigrant means a non-permanent status) or an approved I-821D (DACA), and school or work identification.

For more information, call .